Minutes of Looe Golf Club Seniors Committee 20th November 2018

 

 

6 Members attended, 1 apology from Roger Butler.

1.  Captains Address. Dave opened the meeting at 0845 and thanked all for attending this his first meeting since taking over as Captain. He explained that his involvement with the RBL had taken up quite a lot of his time during November and he thanked his V Capt. Andy Beer for standing in as required. Date of next meeting: January date to be confirmed.

2.  Secretary. 3 changes to diary - Section handbook 25th April Staddon Heights match is away and not home as stated. On June 6th the Seniors & Ladies Greensomes will be played and the Birch Ward Trophy will now be played on 13th June.

3.  Club Rep. Not available – Decision: Sec to amend Club copy of Handbook.

4.  Treasurer presented figures to Committee stating he is satisfied with Senior’s finances.  The Captain asked for ideas from members to be presented and considered at the next meeting on how to reduce the amount of funds held.             Accepted

Agenda Items.

5.   Seniors Open 2019 – post discussion. Decision: Sub-committee of Treasurer, Vice Capt, Jeff Rees and Bob Weston to organise this year’s event. Sec offered his services should they be required.

6.   Birch Ward Trophy. After much discussion it was decided, due to time constraints, to open this year’s Birch Ward Trophy competition to all male Looe Golf Club members over 55 years of age and advertise through posters/notices within the Club.  Future plans to expand the event further into 2020 will be discussed at meetings during 2019.

7.   Seniors Away Day. Decision: Captain to select where and Treasurer will arrange.

8.  Knockout Trophies. After discussion it was decided that Entry lists will be posted by End of January 2019. Closing date for entry 28th February 2019. Pick own partners for Buster Trophy. Players must ensure either matches are played or amicable decision made as to which pair go through to next round.

9.   Seniors Section Functional Manual – Plan is to have two draft copies in club/one on web site and one electronic copy with all committee members by end of November.   Document to go live at next committee meeting.

Any Other Business

10.   a). Jeff Rees requested coloured flags relating to flag position on greens.

Decision: Sec to e-mail Club Sec regarding flags.

b.         He also re-iterated position on both player’s handicaps and the importance of not keeping visiting teams waiting on tee times. Captain agreed and insisted both would be monitored.

c)         Discussion relating to Eclectic divisions teeing off at separate times, this was dismissed.

11.  Vice-Captain has two Fourball tickets for Whitsand Bay which he intends to raffle at the Christmas Lunch. Proceeds 50% to owner who is not a golfer and 50% to Captains Charity. Decision: Raffle at xmas lunch.

12.   Captain suggested donating a staff Christmas gratuity. In the Treasurers absence the Sec. proposed that a limit of which the committee can donate/gift to any entity without member authorisation should be set. The Committee decided a limit of £50.

             The Staff gratuity was agreed up to the committee’s maximum limit.

13.  Meeting closed at 0950hrs.

 

 

Agreed

 

Print Print | Sitemap
© Looe Golf Club