Looe Golf Club Seniors Committee Meeting Minutes of 12 October 2021

 

      Invited: Brian Clark (Capt), Dave Allen (Past Capt) Simon Walker (V Capt & Treas), Alan Harmer (Sec),

     Dave Wilson (Media & Marketing) Dave Moore (Ass’t Treas) Bryan Sibley. 

     Apology from John Nash.

Item

Discussion and decisions

Action by

1

 

Captains Address:  

Captain thanked and welcomed all, stating that golf lately had become a little different and that he had big shoes to fill. He is looking forward to a year of golf, fun and fund raising for the Cornwall Air Ambulance 

 

 

2

Minutes of last Meeting (Sec)

Agreed true representation of meeting discussions. Proposer Simon Walker, Brian Clark

 

 

3

Matters Arising (Sec)

  1. Matter carried over, to be discussed at Agenda Item 8 Birch Ward Trophy. 

 

 

4

Secretary: 

Secs Report.

  1. Full programme for 2022 tabled by Sec all matches bar One confirmed. All member agreed a tight schedule for next year but manageable.
  2. Request for Home & Away matches from Teign Valley Seniors.

Decision. Sec to arrange early summer game at home and see if we can then arrange an away match either later in 2022 or maybe make the match an annual turnabout.

Post meeting note: Sec to meet with Teign Valley Sec on 29th October ref dates for matches.

  1. After some discussion the committee decided that when there are a minimum of 10 holes (not including Temporary Greens) in play during November to March the Seniors Winter medals and Stablefords will be decided over the number of full greens in play on the day and these competitions will still be qualifiers.
  2. Sec to update Functional Manual.
  3. Xmas dinner will go ahead after Buckland Rowe on 9th December combined with the Seniors Presentation. Price an Menu to be confirmed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sec

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sec

5

Treasurers Report:

  1.   Cash  £ 174.22
  2.  Bank  £1867.88
  3. The Treasurer assured the committee that the accounting anomaly pointed out by Roger Jones at our AGM had now been rectified.

 

 

6

Media & Marketing:

Dave Wilson pointed out that he and Capt Brian have had formal discussions regarding the way forward and several good ideas have emerged many tied up with the Air Ambulance trust advisors, sponsorship and fundraising. A meeting is being arranged with the area advisors and more information will be available after that meeting. Watch this space!

 

 

Dave (M&M)

7

Seniors Open 2022 :

It is hoped that the Open this will be on a more grand scale than previous. The committee are thinking of a major prize for a hole in one competition, greater advertising and an all-round large scale event.   

 

 

Sec

 

8

Birch Ward Trophy. (Charity Event) Planned for 14th June 2022.

The committee have reiterated their intention to broaden the scope of this event and have agreed to consider ideas and to discuss and agree a plan at the next meeting in January

 

 

Committee

8

Seniors Away Day. (Captain to Lead)

Capt Brian to plan and give details at next meeting.

Capt & Treas

9

Any Other Business.

  1. A member had requested that the committee consider arranging a social evening with partners. He apparently stated his disappointment that the planned Presentation Evening had to be cancelled. Would all members reading this please discuss with a committee members your thoughts and if we can get enough interest we can easily plan an event. If it is what you want and are prepared to support it let your committee know.

 

     Sec

10

  1. Date of next meeting.

18th January 2022

 

Sec

Print Print | Sitemap
© Looe Golf Club