Confirmation has now been received from England Golf that the course can open on Wednesday 13th May. Please see the current restrictions that will be in place below, and how to book tee times etc.
1. Course Set-up
- All rakes have been removed
- Ball washers, benches and bins have either been removed or covered up
- Marker posts and red stakes remain on the course, but will now be deemed immovable obstructions and free relief allowed. In the case of marker posts, line of sight relief may also be taken.
Hole and Flagstick
- Flagsticks will be retained but should not be removed or even touched.
- The hole will have “golf ball lifters” fitted which will enable the ball to be removed using your putter.
- The practice net and putting green area will remain closed.
- The practice ground will open subject to a maximum of 2 people at any one time. If there are 2 people there when you arrive, please leave and return later.
- Bunkers were not included in the essential maintenance guidelines given to greenkeepers, so they are in poor condition. Initially therefore they will all be classed as GUR, however you are free to play from them if you wish.
2. Before the Round
- The course will open at 8am to allow greenkeeping staff to work safely.
- Tee times will be every 10 minutes and can only be booked using the phone between the hours of 8am and 1pm. Booking will commence on Tuesday 12th May at 8am and will be available to book 14 days in advance.
- Please book by phoning 01503 240239 only.
- Initially we will not reserve times for particular groups without prior agreement, and trust members will be sensible when phoning. Please do not book more than one tee time per day, and initially you will only be able to book for yourself, someone in your household and one other.
- The maximum number per group will be 2 (with the exception of 3 people from the same household, 2 from one household and 1 other is not allowed).
- The course will not be open to non-members unless they are playing with a member. It would be preferable if the member bringing the guest could pay the green fee in advance over the phone.
- Unfortunately, it will be “social” golf only in the initial stages. There will not be any competitions or roll ups.
3. Arrival and Waiting to Play
- The clubhouse and locker room facilities will be closed. Toilets will be accessible one at a time using a key and sanitising after use
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your start time. If you do please stay in your car until 15 minutes before your tee time
- Do not move to the first tee until the previous group have played and left the tee.
- Trolleys, carts or other items will not be available for hire.
- Buggies can be used subject to availability. Please reserve when booking your tee time and preferably pay over the phone when booking.
- The shop will be closed for the time being.
- At all times players should ensure that they keep at least two metres away from others on the course during the round and their playing partner if not from your household.
- We would suggest that you only search for your own ball, and not to pick up any golf ball that are not yours
- Please wait for your tee time until the first person plays. Do not just play when the group in front have cleared the green.
- Do not go to the next tee until the previous group have played and moved on.
- Please try and keep pace with whoever is in front as best you can.
- Winter rules will remain in force until the end of May.
4. After the Round
Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round, so when the round is over all golfers must leave the course and car park immediately so that there are no gatherings in the car park or around the clubhouse area.
England Golf, the PGA and others have stressed that not only should golfers do the right thing, they should be seen to do the right thing. This will hopefully avoid any possibility of play being stopped again, and hopefully lead to these restrictions being lifted earlier.
The new catchphrase is PLAY SAFE STAY SAFE